“Making things happen”Lions are directive and extraverted in their style. All types of Lions will have E (for Extraverted) in their four letter Myers Briggs code, and the directive part comes from a T (for thinking) and/or a J (for Judging) in their code. There are four colors of Lions:
- Red Lions (ESTP types) are persuasive, charismatic, and independent. They enjoy pushing the limits and will take the risks necessary to get things done.
- Gold Lions (ESTJ types) are orderly, hardworking and strive to ensure the job gets done. They uphold traditions and procedures while pushing themselves and others hard toward the goal.
- Blue Lions (ENTJ types) are strategic, visionary and analytical. They coordinate the people, tasks and resources to accomplish complex projects.
- Green Lions (ENFJ types) are empathetic, exceptional communicators and natural mentors. They are passionate about both the tasks that need to get done and the caretaking of the people who do them.
- In control
- Not being in control
- Having to take a back seat
- Hearing lots of talk but seeing little action
- Not accomplishing results
- Acquiring resources
- Taking charge of a project and its people
- Leading others toward a goal
- Motivating others to take action
- Ensuring that progress is being made
Engaging Lion Tasks
- Clearly communicating the mission
- Supervising the team
- Driving the action needed to accomplish the goal
- Overcoming obstacles and challenges
- Mentoring team members to achieve success